With the Microsoft Edge browser for Android you can Sync passwords, favourites, and exchange data between your PC and Android phone. Here’s how to set it up:
- Download the Microsoft Edge App e.g. from Google Play Store or get a download link from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/microsoft-edge-mobile
- Install the app.
- Open the app – if asked if you want to use your Microsoft account, if you want to sync with Edge on your Windows PC say ‘yes’ or choose the Continue as [your email] button.
- If you don’t have a Microsoft account, or don’t want to link it up yet, choose the Use another account option, or tap Skip for now.
- With the next step, choose whether you want to share your browsing history or not.
- Once set up, from the home page, tapping the microphone icon allows voice search, while the square with a line running through it will open the built-in QR reader.
- Look at the top right corner, star icon with three lines sticking out of its right side – tap this and it opens up a new page with several icons across the top. From left to right they are Favourites (bookmarks), Reading list, Books (a new feature), History, and Downloads.
- Tapping the X on the far right will bring you back to the Home page.